SEO – SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
Becoming a better search engine marketer is often the difference between the accomplishments of similar companies, especially online. The SEO industry is always in a constant state of flux. The numbers of variations that transpire on a regular basis alone are overwhelming. With each passing year there are almost 500+ algorithm alterations. As technology grows so does the search engines, search is never behind, always there trying to perfect a “complete experience”.
The problem with most website owners on the internet is that they are always trying to catch-on to the SEO current. Looking a step or two further is what has made many companies in Google search ratings. Looking beyond the obvious solutions may be tough, but can become really easy if you just deliberate on the root cause, of why and how “search quality teams” end up making such drastic improvements to a business by improving their SEO.
Here is a list of things that are some very important lessons when it comes to the search engine ratings.
DON’T GET REELED IN BY “QUICK FIXES”
Businesses should realize that organic search is essential, and it cannot be hurried. Black-hat techniques will only get you so far. Quick fixes may supply quick wins (temporarily), but it is foolish to assume results of a “quick fix” to have any long-lasting impact. In fact any SEO provider worth their money knows that such tactics and black-hat traffic generating methods are no good for the long haul in fact they tend to get a website penalized at one point or the other.
SEO is a complex thing and no, it is not a “Do it yourself” skill you can learn off the internet. Good services cost and they have professionals for them. It is imperative that you listen to a professional offering to do good organic SEO that is spread out for a long-term effectiveness. If you take up a plan that works over a span of 24 months rather than a hurried job of over 12 months than chances are you will not be satisfied by the amount of traffic generated at the end of this time period.
- Be patient
- Avoid shortcut techniques
- Don’t opt for shady or cheap SEO
- Organic SEO is your best bet
DON’T OBESSES OVER YOUR HITS
A fair share of website owners especially business owners put too much merit on ratings alone. There is this inconsistent importance on,
- Page views
- search rankings
- Low-quality KPIs (key performance indicators)
None of these factors can appropriately reveal your business’ performance. You need to emphasize on the more effective KPIs, ones that are work, and which give directly to bottom-line profits. Those are the ones you seek to improve through your SEO strategy.
Lots of people consider ranking as the sole criterion for a website’s success. But, a good SEO consultant appreciates the fact that a site’s location in the SERPs is only a step in the stairway to business achievements. Without a suitable conversion rate, more deals and higher profit as a result, even ranking number one on Google is insignificant to a business.
NEVER UNDERMINE CONTENT
Being able to write is an invaluable skill in the SEO industry. Without a good writer, with some knowledge of SEO, you are in trouble. Everything SEO ultimately boils down to writing and GOOD writing!
- Website content (home, intro, about us pages etc.)
- Product descriptions
If writing is not your forte don’t waste time in trying to be a word smith. Hire someone who is good at creating content. You can also outsource your writing to someone reliable, or a company you can trust. If you can hire the best writers out there, even if it costs more, do it. Great content is second to none in SEO. Here is one example of that, www.buxup.co.uk is a good SEO consultancy and a great all-rounder company that provides other services too but their content is perfect! Unless all you want are text filled pages littered with keywords that eventually lead to being penalized by Google?
Time and again, businesses and personal website owners alike, end up handling content by themselves. This is usually a bad idea, being a website owner is not synonymous with being a good writer. Even if someone is capable of writing and can create a decent enough post it is usually with a working knowledge of SEO. In this scenario even good content ends up getting no coverage at all. Doing it yourself is the fastest road to disappointment, if you are indeed passionate about your own words than get a SEO consultant to teach you what’s needed. If you learn it right, it can cut down your SEO budget, the SEO consultants can focus on other tasks.
PAY PER LINK DEALS
Whenever an SEO dialogue takes place chances are it will move into link building territory, the issue of buying links always crops up. In the aftermath of Google’s Penguin update, it’s asinine to even catch that businesses are still paying any mind to people offering “pay per link” packages.
This is dicey, and it is in your favor to turn such offers down and if you are an SEO consultant you should always turn such requests down. Here are a few things to keep in mind when link building:
- Incoming links are vital, the more websites link to your site the easier it becomes to get high rankings on Google. Google deliberates links to your site as elects for your website. The more votes your website has, the more improved your rankings will get. If more pages link to your competitor’s website than they will eventually outrank you in the ratings.
- Try to get the “right” links. Accumulation isn’t everything, versus the number of links to your website the quality of the links is what Google considers for its ratings.
- Links from unconnected websites won’t aid your search engine rankings as much as links from similar niches that work with similar content for their website.
- A link from a reliable website that itself has numerous links directing to it will help your search engine rankings more. A website with few inbound links will have little to offer with the SEO.
- Link building is endless work, if you cut corners here, your competition will immediately outrank you.
- Google is no fan of paid links (as mentioned before) Google treats links to your site as editorial votes for its value. A paid link does not work like that. Google’s anti-spam team treats paid links like spam and webmasters will treat these links as such. Competitors often report each other’s paid links, Google penalizes their websites and this cycle continues till you stop using back handed techniques to improve ratings.
In short, keep it legit.
SEO IS SIMPLE, KEEP IT THAT WAY
SEO is nothing to cut corners with. With patience and without utilizing fake links and other trickery SEO can work wonders for your page rankings.
Optimized web page content and inbound links are two sides of the same coin. You can’t have one without the other and expect results. Here are a few pointers that sum up SEO.
- If your website has great search optimized content coupled with decent inbound links then getting higher rankings on Google or any reputable search engine is a piece of cake.
- A web page that has been optimized for the search term “green widgets” and possesses multiple links from numerous websites that utilize the same term “green widgets” as the link text, often get excellent rankings on Google.
- Don’t do keyword stuffing. Each webpage is designed to handle a certain keyword density. Try not to exceed the limits for that, a single page should never be optimized for more than one keyword. If too many keywords are stuffed unnecessarily in a single page of web content chances are it will be treated as spam by Google.
- Google contemplates all pages on a site. Only a single page of any site is listed in Google’s search results for a particular search phrase or word Google does study all other pages as well. If different pages are optimized for different keywords that relate to a particular topic, then Google will think that your website is pertinent to that subject. If a post can be linked as important for other optimized keywords then search ratings go up.
The internet is littered with a lot of soft wares, programs, content checkers, plagiarism checkers that assist in getting your SEO to shine. Amidst this wide array of tools paid and free alike you will find a great many utilities for DIY webmasters. The internet is also full of books, articles and posts soaked in information of how to make SEO work for better for you.
SEO IS NOT MAGIC
At the end of the day SEO is just that, it optimizes what is there. A bad website, too many adds, bad products, inaccurate information, too many redirects etc. are the more common problems. If SEO is perfectly done, but what the site offers is not on par than the ratings, page visits and click will drop.
@ Copyrights 2015. All Rights Reverved. Pravo Limited